Author Topic: Wiring help NOS.  (Read 1868 times)

Offline HOTMOPR

• Just got my first Turbo
  • Mopar or No Car
Wiring help NOS.
« on: July 31, 2014, 12:55:35 AM »
I opened my mouth and took on a install project that sounded easy until he delivered the boxes of parts.. lol  So I need some help with the wiring of this system. Its a ZEX plate system. I know the basics of wiring the nitrous stuff but he added a bunch of stuff. There is a relay for the transbrake, a rpm window switch, a Digi set Timer and the full throttle switch. Can somebody give me the sequence of this stuff and help with a schematic? Thanks
67 Barracuda 500" PT 114
63 Savoy 451 4 speed.
07 Ram CTD 6.7 a few mods

Offline HOTMOPR

• Mopar or No Car
Re: Wiring help NOS.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 01:06:16 AM »
Forgot to add the supplemental fuel system
67 Barracuda 500" PT 114
63 Savoy 451 4 speed.
07 Ram CTD 6.7 a few mods

Offline bOb shingler

• 71' 340 demon
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 05:42:41 AM »
i'll try to find my diagrams later today.
"bOb built" no matter how many times it takes.

Offline bOb shingler

• 71' 340 demon
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 08:19:12 AM »
I finally found them. pm me your address and i'll mail copies to you.
"bOb built" no matter how many times it takes.

Offline silverfish

• Just sold my 440 Source Heads
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 08:43:01 PM »
Is it a manual shift car?  Is that why he has a rpm switch and a digiset?  I assume the window switch would be to turn nitrous off during gear change. Is he wanting the digiset to delay the hit off the line or is he wanting to use it to turn on a second stage?  Kinda need to know some more details. There is a sticky on YB in the electrical section that has some good basic diagrams that will help a lot. You can look at several of those and figure the setup from there. Every system is a little different depending on how the person wants it to work. I wired everything on our car and it takes a lot of planning ahead!
68 Barracuda X275 / Tex275
4.83 @ 145 mph

Offline sdaurity

• Makin pennies, spendin dollars.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Most people use a window switch to cut the nitrous off a couple hundred rpm before the rev limiter so it wont do alot of big popping and banging on the limiter. (spins tire and you dont catch it, breaks drivetrain etc.)  Digiset I'm sure would be to delay the nitrous coming on, I dont do it that way anymore your way better off to buy a NOS mini progressive.  But like Silverfish said there are some good diagrams over on YB in the nitrous section. Goodluck

Offline silverfish

• Just sold my 440 Source Heads
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 09:51:24 AM »
Most people use a window switch to cut the nitrous off a couple hundred rpm before the rev limiter so it wont do alot of big popping and banging on the limiter. (spins tire and you dont catch it, breaks drivetrain etc.)  Digiset I'm sure would be to delay the nitrous coming on, I dont do it that way anymore your way better off to buy a NOS mini progressive.  But like Silverfish said there are some good diagrams over on YB in the nitrous section. Goodluck

You know I never thought about that application for a window switch, that's a good idea. 
68 Barracuda X275 / Tex275
4.83 @ 145 mph

Offline 4406

• OFFICIAL ROAD TESTER
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »
Remember the old days when you had to let off the button or throttle.

Ray
Misc Odd Parts Assembled Recklessly

Offline sdaurity

• Makin pennies, spendin dollars.
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 01:49:44 PM »

You know I never thought about that application for a window switch, that's a good idea.

I wire alot of mud racing trucks around the house here and they were always hitting the limiter while jumping/ bouncing during their run. So we had to use them and I just started using them on cars also.  I'm sure it has saved some parts at one time or another.