Author Topic: 25.5 chassi build?  (Read 13654 times)

Offline 540gtx

• Blew up my 8 3/4
25.5 chassi build?
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:18:03 PM »
Just wondering how long it usually takes to do a complete 25.5 to a car?
Kevin

Offline Quicktree

• Master
  • Just got my first Turbo
  • Tony
Re: 25.5 chassi build?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 04:37:54 PM »
thats an open ended question  ;D, some of the chassis shops i have seen it takes for ever. a good one if they are not backed up shouldn't be all that long. hopefully Mike will tell you.
67 Valiant build moparjunk@twitter.com

Offline 540gtx

• Blew up my 8 3/4
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 07:43:32 PM »
Only reason I ask is my cars at a chassi shop for 3 months and hasn't done anything yet. Thinking about bringing it to someone else I'll give him another month and see what's been done.
Kevin

Offline Quicktree

• Master
  • Tony
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:15:40 PM »
that is what i was talking about. i hope you didn't give them any money. did you get a completion date? i would pull it if you don't feel good about it.

Offline 4406

• OFFICIAL ROAD TESTER
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 10:39:41 PM »
What shop is it? Hope it's not the one Mark is having problems with.
Misc Odd Parts Assembled Recklessly

Offline 540gtx

• Blew up my 8 3/4
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 12:24:56 AM »
I won't say yet who's shop it's at and we were talking in the 6 month range. Which shop are you talking about 4406?
Kevin

Offline 540gtx

• Blew up my 8 3/4
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 12:37:32 AM »
I wonder how busy the moderator of this section is?
Kevin

Offline Quicktree

• Master
  • Tony
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 05:18:55 AM »
evidently pretty busy he never checks in >:(

Offline 540gtx

• Blew up my 8 3/4
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »
The quality of work and attention to detail is second to none. I think his problem is he takes on more than he can handle and when big jobs come in he puts them on the back burner for the quick jobs that pay right away.
Kevin

Offline Quicktree

• Master
  • Tony
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 11:25:04 AM »
i would be telling him about it. let him know you are not happy. if you don't you can only blame yourself. get a completion date.

Offline 540gtx

• Blew up my 8 3/4
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 02:04:31 PM »
Ya your right I'm going to have a talk with him.
Kevin

Offline mark42202

• Master
  • The Sound of Madness!!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 02:49:45 PM »
The only person who can tell you how long your build will take is the chassis shop itself. My car is in the second shop. The first one I took it to, I lost my ass and ended up going to court and winning a judgement against (which I've still not received a penny from). The second shop sounds a lot like the one you're dealing with: Top notch work and has done some of the fastest cars in the country, but yet again, getting strung along. On a "supposed" 5-8 weeks to finish the car, we just passed a year that it's been there. I talked to him to day and my "new" solid finish date is Oct. 11. I will NEVER build a race car from scratch again! I am 2 1/2 years into a build that should've taken no more than 6 months, and it still isn't done. MOST chassis shops will tell you they're not the same as all the others, when in reality, MOST of them rob Peter to pay Paul and use the money you pay them to finish other customers' cars, then have to wait for money from another to finish yours. It's a sad truth, and the stress has caused me to decide to sell mine as a roller as soon as I get it back finished. It's sad when you hear about sooooo many chassis shops that complain that builds take so long to complete because "the customer ran out of money", yet when a customer comes in with the money to complete it, they drag their feet and drag it out forever. I've paid for the chassis to be built 1 1/2 times, and still don't have anything to look at, lol.

Offline 4406

• OFFICIAL ROAD TESTER
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 03:20:20 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This Mark 540GTX^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Misc Odd Parts Assembled Recklessly

Offline Quicktree

• Master
  • Tony
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »
The only person who can tell you how long your build will take is the chassis shop itself. My car is in the second shop. The first one I took it to, I lost my ass and ended up going to court and winning a judgement against (which I've still not received a penny from). The second shop sounds a lot like the one you're dealing with: Top notch work and has done some of the fastest cars in the country, but yet again, getting strung along. On a "supposed" 5-8 weeks to finish the car, we just passed a year that it's been there. I talked to him to day and my "new" solid finish date is Oct. 11. I will NEVER build a race car from scratch again! I am 2 1/2 years into a build that should've taken no more than 6 months, and it still isn't done. MOST chassis shops will tell you they're not the same as all the others, when in reality, MOST of them rob Peter to pay Paul and use the money you pay them to finish other customers' cars, then have to wait for money from another to finish yours. It's a sad truth, and the stress has caused me to decide to sell mine as a roller as soon as I get it back finished. It's sad when you hear about sooooo many chassis shops that complain that builds take so long to complete because "the customer ran out of money", yet when a customer comes in with the money to complete it, they drag their feet and drag it out forever. I've paid for the chassis to be built 1 1/2 times, and still don't have anything to look at, lol.
that pretty much covered it

Offline 540gtx

• Blew up my 8 3/4
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 04:52:20 PM »
Now I'm trying to get a hold of him so we can talk face to face which is a 8hr drive for me, but I'm willing to go and I haven't heard a thing yet and I asked about going on the weekend and he said he won't be there. The next time we talk if I can't get there before I leave for work I'll be bringing my enclosed and bring my car somewhere else. He keeps telling me your next but it never happens I'm just getting tired of the whole deal.
Kevin