Author Topic: Stock Front Suspension  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Dartwizer

• Just got my .509 Cam
Stock Front Suspension
« on: December 08, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »
I would like optimize the stock front suspension on the 70 Dart bracket/index car..It has .810 torsion bars and D/A Santhuffs on it now. Stock upper control arms. the .810 have been on for about 15 yrs now.and the front end was rebuilt then..ball joints,tie rod ends ,stock bushings..What can be done to make this work better?Small block 408 W2 heads,Hedman underchassis headers ..Thanks,Jimmy

Offline VanillaGorilla

• Just got my first Turbo
Re: Stock Front Suspension
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »
Anywhere you can eliminate a bind situation will help with the 60'. Adjustable uppers with a heim mount rather than rubber on metal, adjustable strut rods that get rid of the rubber donuts at the K frame will help. The rear end may see the power first but if the front end isn't capable of working with the "action" it's all pointless.
You can learn a lot just by bouncing the front of the car or jacking it up but if you have video of a launch that's the bestrroute to take.
BALLIN ON A BUDGET!!!!
makin pennies n spendin dollars

Offline NewMethods

• Just got my .509 Cam
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »
to optimize ft end allignment aim for "0" toe change throught the travel of the suspension,to accomplish this you can change the pitman arm and steering box mounting holes to get the proper geometry,  Find a good allignment shop. I blieve this proceedure was in the old mopar Bilbles
63 Dodge 500" N/SS, 240"Dragtser 540 KB

Offline meus31

• Blew up my 8 3/4
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »
Wouldn't a bump steer kit accomplish the same thing as moving the steering box and pit met arm .

Offline mshred

• Just got my first Turbo
  • The Green Manalishi
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »
Wouldn't a bump steer kit accomplish the same thing as moving the steering box and pit met arm .

Im not sure there is an actual "kit" available for the mopars, atleast not for a-bodies that I can recall

For event details, dates and rules check out
http://smalltireracing.wix.com/ssts2014

or follow us on facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/sstsracing

Offline meus31

• Blew up my 8 3/4
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 03:07:55 PM »
Sorry your right there's not I got some of it from speedway and made the spacers myself .

Offline Robaggio

• Just got my .509 Cam
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 02:10:28 AM »
I still solve the problem, not the point.