Author Topic: Kil-Kare and Xenia Oh  (Read 5542 times)

Offline gunbunny

• Just got my .509 Cam
Kil-Kare and Xenia Oh
« on: May 26, 2014, 12:47:53 PM »
Yesterday, (25may) I was in Springfield Oh for a swap meet. On the drive home I decided to do some scouting around and ask some questions. This is what I learned.
1.Kil-Kare: Located about 3 to 4 min west of Xenia Oh. The track is nice people. It's just as nice as Lucas in Indy. There is plenty of room for the show with space left over. Was talking to a lady who has worked there for several years. Said that the new owners have poured money into the track and improvements. She stated that the track is now a 1/4 mile track but they run 1/8 on top fuel. 1/4 mile is done all the time. There are no more dirt or gravel roads for the most part in the facility. the pits are all concrete now. One of the nicer things I did notice is there are trees, so that means some shade from the sun.
2. Housing: There are plenty of hotels in the area. If you book, look at the Dayton east Beavercreek area. I-675 is close (about 10 mins west) and intersects with I-70. Also, there are plenty of hotels along I-675 north and south of the St Rt.35 exit.
Camping: If you're interested in that, John Bryan State Park is close in Yellow Springs. This park is awesome! Talk about a little gem stashed away, it's super clean, quite and close. I had never been before this trip, I'll be back. The regular rates are posted on the web site, however, if campers want to get a group together, they have a group area that would keep everyone together and the cost is $4 a person for adults $1 for kids a night. The group area is nice too and the area supervisor stated that as long as you don't get stupid and clean up, no one will bother you. I get the impression he would like to see some cars come visit instead of all the bicycles. There is a minimum of 25 people and a max of 100 for the group area. It can handle the parking of the cars.
Food: There are plenty of places to eat. That's not a problem. for the money, the value is at a local chain called Frickers Kids eat free all the time, food is good and it's reasonably priced and they sell beer. Best of all, they're right there in Xenia.
3. Things to do: National Air Force Museum if you have never been, GO! it's free and it's without a doubt one of the neatest places you will ever see in your life. Did I mention it's FREE! and close too! Yellow Springs Ohio, is just 5-7 mins north of Xenia on 68. It's a college town with Antioch College located there. The place always has something going on. My wife loves it there, it's a nice little town, you won't be disappointed.
On a personal note, and this is just my opinion.
I hope this eases some fears and confusion over the changes with Monster Mopar Weekend. The extra 2 hours on I-70 isn't that hateful. I've been driving west for a long time as have a lot of my friends. I do know that there isn't going to be a show at Indy or St.Louis so wishing it so isn't going to make it happen. I can only speculate, but if confusion and chaos is what this Scott guy was trying to create, he did a good job. But I say he's a dick for doing so because he let the St. Louis thing go then backed out once he saw the damage done to this show. He's a dick to the folks in St. Louis for letting them hold out on their plans and getting their hopes up for something he never planed on doing anyway.
If there is any other info I can provide, let me know, I live close enough that find out real easy.

Offline a493demon

• Global Moderator
  • Just got my first Turbo
  • The Farm Truck of KOS/X10.5
Re: Kil-Kare and Xenia Oh
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »
thanks

Offline HEMIDARTS

• Global Moderator
  • wanna be racer
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 05:10:12 PM »
This seems pretty helpful, it makes me want to go there more now that i know more about it. Thank you.

Offline DennisH

• Just sold my 440 Source Heads
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »
I'll be there Sat for sure.

Dennis
2005 Magnum. A work in progress.

Offline max-maniac

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 09:55:20 AM »
 She stated that the track is now a 1/4 mile track but they run 1/8 on top fuel. 1/4 mile is done all the time.

If that is the case why would all the classes at the MMW event be 1/8 mile?????

Offline birdistheword

• I'm the bird- no wait I'm the bee
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 01:19:20 PM »
She stated that the track is now a 1/4 mile track but they run 1/8 on top fuel. 1/4 mile is done all the time.

How does a posi traction on a Plymouth work?.....It just does!!!....I hope that helped.....lol

Offline max-maniac

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 10:02:48 PM »

How does a posi traction on a Plymouth work?.....It just does!!!....I hope that helped.....lol

So thats what I need to go fast is a Plymouth posi ------  :o

Man I just like the speed and can't run the MPH in the 1/4 as all you ballers run in the 1/8. I'll check into that Plymouth posi though  8)

Offline Coldplax

• Just got my .509 Cam
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 11:19:40 PM »
This is a message that has been filtered. And I can bring it up to this idea.

Offline DennisH

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 07:10:54 PM »
I remember this event. Man, it was hot that day.

Dennis
2005 Magnum. A work in progress.

Offline AlisonOdosy

• Just got my .509 Cam
    • , , ,
Kil Kare and Xenia Oh
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 08:20:08 AM »
Not bad. Not too crazy about em tho. :/
But they do seem interesting. Especially the 1st one. Even tho it will probably see no play and suck.